How to export places from Google Maps
How to export your favorite places from Google Maps to import them on Listy.
To export your favorite places from Google Maps, you can follow these steps:
- Open Google Maps and log in to your account.
- In the top-left corner, click on the menu icon (the three horizontal lines) to open the navigation panel.
- In the navigation panel, click on “Your places” and then “Maps” to view all of the maps you have created.
- Select the map that contains your favorite places, and click on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the map.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Export to KML/KMZ” to download the file containing your favorite places.
- Open the downloaded file with a KML/KMZ viewer or a mapping software, such as Google Earth, to view your favorite places.
Alternatively, you can also export your favorite places by going to Google Takeout (https://takeout.google.com/) and selecting “Maps (your places)” from the list of available data to download. This will create a zip file containing all of your favorite places from Google Maps in both KML and JSON formats.
Import on Listy
We are working on completing this step.